The Altar Server Ministry is an opportunity for the younger members of our parish to actively participate in the tradition of Catholic worship. Many young Catholics struggle to find opportunities for stewardship in parish life. Through this ministry, our youth can easily give of their time and talent by assisting the priest and deacons with processions, blessings, and rituals, during the celebration of Mass and other sacred ceremonies.
Responsibilities of Altar Servers include:
- Lighting the altar candles
- Extinguishing the altar candles
- Bearing the cross in the entrance procession
- Assisting with holy water, water, wine and offertory gifts at Mass
- Assisting with the preparation of the altar during the Celebration of the Eucharist
- Maintaining reverence and maturity throughout the Mass